October 30, 2015
Join an emerging growth medical device company where you can help make a difference every day! ImpediMed is the world leader in the development and distribution of medical devices employing bioimpedance spectroscopy (BIS) technologies for use in the non-invasive clinical assessment and monitoring of fluid status. ImpediMed’s primary product range consists of a number of medical devices that aid surgeons, oncologists, therapists and radiation oncologists in the clinical assessment of patients for the potential onset of secondary lymphedema.
Our current growth has resulted in our need for a
Clinical Support Specialist – Midwest Region (KS, MO, IA, NE, CO)
Candidates should reside near major metro areas to meet travel requirements of this position
Target candidate locations: Kansas City, KS; Kansas City, MO; St. Louis, MO
ATTENTION CANDIDATES: Along with your resume, please provide a cover letter explaining your interest in this opportunity and why you are interested in working at ImpediMed.
Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line reading CSS-Midwest Region
The Clinical Support Specialist (CSS) provides customer education and sales support to assist a sales region in maintaining L-Dex® U400 sales and customer support objectives. The CSS drives product adoption, practice integration, training, and clinical support. ImpediMed seeks candidates who will meet our customer expectations by ensuring the greatest possible reliability and quality in our products, processes and services.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
1. Customer Educational Support:
(a) Educate and train all customers on technical matters relating to our products through conducting and/or coordinating:
i. One-on-one training sessions
ii. In-service education programs
iii. Seminars and/or outside symposiums
(b) Provide training and resources for customers to enable them to conduct training for their personnel (“train the trainer”)
2. Practice Integration
(a) Collaborate with customers on an ongoing basis to ensure full clinical integration
i. Support customers with building a new prospective surveillance model
3. Sales Support:
(a) Assist Strategic Account Manager (SAM) with installation, training and follow up for new customers
(b) Update SAM concerning customer support activity, and immediately notify SAM regarding issues or problems requiring follow-up
(c) Serve as an effective ImpediMed representative to physicians, clinicians, and support staff regarding ImpediMed products, service and support
(d) Conduct regular in-person calls to customers
(e) Maintain current knowledge regarding BIS, ImpediMed programs, products and services and competitive products
(f) Maintain open, effective communication with all internal and external customers
4. Perform other related duties as assigned.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW / SKILLS YOU NEED TO HAVE TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
• Preference will be given to qualified candidates with sales and clinical education experience
• B.A./B.S. Degree in nursing, life sciences, engineering or technical discipline with minimum of three years’ work experience in clinical education, hospital/clinic, or sales
• Proven track record with biomedical, life science, technical training assignments
• Experience in biomedical engineering, in a hospital/clinic, life sciences, or medical sales. Previous sales experience is highly desired
• Ability to work with many different customers from varying clinical and non-clinical backgrounds
• Ability to work independently and balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced FDA regulated environment
• Must understand, follow and comply with regulatory requirements as applicable to various processes. An understanding of FDA Quality System Regulations and ISO Standards (ISO 13485) is required
• Must possess a thorough understanding of work related standards and regulations, including but not limited to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Quality System Regulations (QSRs), both US and international
• Strong organization and planning skills with an attention to detail and accuracy
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Frequent required travel to customer offices, clinics, hospitals and offsite meetings is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile; interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
Additional physical job requirements: (partial list)
• Travel: This position requires extensive travel (75%)
• Physical Demand: Light physical effort. For example, standing, bending, or stooping for extended periods, operating light office equipment, e.g. personal computer, copier, fax machine, etc., manually handling medium weight materials and/or equipment (up to 10 pounds)
• Mental Demand: Moderate to high degree of concentration due to volume, complexity, and/or “pressure” of work
This is a position for someone passionate about making a difference through customer product knowledge excellence, helping enable customers to use our products more skillfully with their patients.
Why join ImpediMed?
We are building a culture that:
• Has the chance to impact lives every day
• Makes a difference in the well-being of cancer patients
• Demonstrates caring, dedication, innovation and expertise
We offer some great benefits:
• Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance/FSA/401(k) with matching program for full-time employees.
• Bonus program
• New Hire Stock options
ImpediMed is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice to assure that there shall be no discrimination against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, disability, sex, national origin or age. — An Equal Opportunity Employer